Friday, July 17, 2009

of rainbows and itching irritations....

I hear I have become very irritable off late… wondering how is it that I will be skimming out of that image now… Point is I can’t for the life of me understand why do people have to work for money, that to in such awful conditions like ours? Why can’t we go back to barter times? My brand and promotions dept is surviving decently with that! Why can’t I just be a good girl and stay away from ppl’s head and they in turn make sure I have a roof on my head and plenty to eat?.... This is kinda walking straight into my previous blog ‘craving for simpler times’ but I just can’t stop the craving… maybe just withdrawal symptoms!

Just the other day, I was walking around the sea-face and it was gorgeous, everything and everyone getting swept by the grimy water washing over the drive from the Mumbai sea line! It might be dirty, blackened water with thick oil spills making tiny rainbows all through the waves that worry me sick… but secretly I was happy. It is that much, I miss seeing the rainbow in the sky….

Oh, I remember the last time I saw one, it was way back in 2006 and I was in Vasai, very much a part of Bombay but still a step away from the pollution. I as always wanted to go on a boat ride or at least see the sea (I get a kick outta it) and there I was with my best friend and my then boy-friend now husband staring at that bright colorful expanse running right across the sky making a fairytale roof under which I stood – the happiest person alive… feeling complete, feeling loved and feeling one with the higher power!

It was such a happy day that I try to pretend living it in the broken slippery rainbows I see across the waves every time I walk along the sea… I am scared to know that the waters of Bombay are scarily edging towards getting radioactive with the pollution it carries with it…. But I smile nevertheless!!!

3 comments:

  1. i think you should seriously consider writing a book baby....and even i haven't seen a rainbow after that day...but hoping to see it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. baby we will see a rainbow soon...both of us together..mark my words :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha YOu dont sound iritable!!! nice post!

    ReplyDelete