Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Flaunting Frenzy

I am so totally overwhelmed today.

It hasn’t really been too long being married but for someone like me who is totally averse to change, it has been a long time coping up with the NEW. New house, new family, new relatives, new Papa, new kitchen, new me…

While sometimes, even today, my head starts reeling with all the changes that have occurred over the past coupla years; I, sometimes cannot for the life of me remember what it used to be. What is it exactly that I have been missing somewhere deep in my head…

And then I chanced upon an old CD my then-boyfriend-now-hubby had made. It had videos and pictures of how we used to be and just exactly everything in it told me what’s missing in our happy and content life…

Then just visiting people used to be a high, it was like a proclamation that we are indeed together, not just for us but to the world. Just spending that time walking around the mall would have an underlying statement to it saying – we are one, in case you didn’t already know.

Today we are one, pretty happy and content with life so far. We still pretty often visit the mall mostly to fill up the grocery, totally worried that we might have to make a trip again if we even miss the silliest thing (I do make lists but I can never for the life of me find where I kept it, right when I am supposed to leave)

We have those lil moment still wherein we go visiting people and they coming over. Though the times that we get to play host it slightly more thrilling cause we get to flaunt how well we function as a unit…

But somewhere, just somewhere we have, in this year and a half, forgot to be so obscenely proud of being together, we have forgotten what it takes to defy the world and the stares and be lost in each others eyes….

Wish, just wish the life, I saw in the photographs today, lived on forever. Just for once, I don’t want to take the world for granted and really want to spell it out to whoever listens that we are insanely proud of US.

People might ask me why, what’s the thrill?

I frankly, don’t really know. But there clearly is something amiss when you take the most beautiful thing in your life and not really showing off!

11 comments:

  1. Aweeee.... This is so so so so very cute... :) am sure with time you will get a hang of all of the homely chores as well. Am sure you will make a great wife in all contexts possible...

    Loads a Love
    Ne

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...for a person who has witnessed the after math of that day, when your then-bf, now-hubby spent with you, would confide in his bud that he has never been more content in life and how beautiful life was... it's an adorable feeling on its own. it makes you go 'Awwww'... god bless.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you back to writing...and i can see that how thrilled you are after seeing all those pictures... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *huggggggggs tight* I love you sweetheart, till my lastest breath !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yr last line says it all. u have now turned a 'star' yrself.
    ;-)
    welcome to the world of flaunt. i am with u.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thnx i appreciate the support :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. FINALLY! Happy that you are back to doing what you really enjoy! XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey was planning everyday to post a comment... finally did... very nice post and love ur writting..... Keep rocking... :)

    Pallavi ;P

    ReplyDelete
  9. See, i have always told u baby to do what u like.....time is a constraint i understand but then dont give up on things you like.....other than it making u happy, see the responses u get...it makes everyone happy :*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Autograph plz...
    And for ppl like me who arnt in love now...wat a waste of time .Im missing a lot.
    keep writing Bunny ..U rock !!

    ReplyDelete