Tuesday, June 30, 2009

i called it a poem, he said it's a song...

He walked up the stairs as if he knew the way
I stared not willing to let him slip away,
My heart lost the beat, as tears washed away
‘This is my moment here!’ Passing away….

He painted the picture right out of my dream,
He sang our song, and made my heart scream,
So many times I had dreamt of this,
So many lives I’ve wanted to be his,
He’d finally granted me all I’d wished,
Complete with the right words his task accomplished

Yet there I stood too far for an embrace,
My heart sank, I’d long dropped outta the race,
My fate I’d written with my own hand,
The tears rolled on, and time slipped away like sand

He must hear that No!
Though I’d never want him to go,
I’d to tell him if he didn’t already know….
My heart’s broken pieces weren’t mine anymore….

6 comments: