Tuesday, June 23, 2009

it's not the same anymore....

I don’t know what it is about the rains I like so much but I just can’t stop smiling when they declare ‘monsoon’s here’. I haven’t really gone out there and soaked up though I was really close that day…
When it got all windy and dark, Hubert and I decided to go up on the terrace and well, enjoy the rains. Thankfully the watchman was there to open the terrace gate but somehow, for some reason he insisted on standing right there… perhaps he didn’t trust me with my husband!

So basically, so far the rains have been bleak quantitatively; qualitative? I mustn’t go there at all. And what’s this I hear about the El Nino…. Are Americans gonna take away our RAINS TOO??? Any thing Pacific is American-specific to me so I have all the rights to hold grudges!

I miss those days when we were in school and everything used to be shut due to crazy heavy rains.... now, in our concrete jungle it's either drought or floods everything in between is lost!

Anyways, with all the grudging aside, I did manage a wee bit of teehee in the rains while away at lunch today. It was a girl-gang’s day out (didn’t end too well for some) and our choice of place was rather interesting… SPORTS BAR. We did try our hand at basketball since we were letting the ambience take over… the best part was that we did actually basket the ball a few times too so basically happy…

Just that by the time we were out of our lil macho-hangout, there were no rains! There wasn’t even the semblance of it, we did get soaked with perspiration but like some might know, that’s not the same!

2 comments:

  1. Dont worry dear...the monsoons have just begun...we have lotsa time to get drenched in the rains :)
    This is just the beginning and we have enough time to show everyone how crazy can we get when it rains :P (Just thought of the bus ride and the walk from afghan church to rc church in the rains)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah...its just the beginning of the rains baby...we will get all soaked soon in the terrace and next time over tell the watchmen to F**K off !!

    ReplyDelete